Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Mind Went on Strike an Hour Ago

I've been doing school work since 6am this morning -- what can I say I like to come prepared for lectures.
But I can't seem to find any more motivational juice to continue and I don't even care --- at this moment anyway.

I got midterms already in the horizons next week and I really need to get into the groove and organize my study materials. It sure feels never-ending and it's only been 3 weeks!!! -- wow

I've been trying to put in some workouts in and it's difficult because I'm mentally exhausted and I really just want to get more stuff done for school

Sleep is sort of getting better, but I still don't feel like I'm getting the restful kind. I bought a "decelerating book" -- How to survive nursing school and even love it.

It's an okay book. I was hoping to get more tips in studying, time managing, and other things. But it seems to just say what I already know.

My goal this month is to really lay off the sweets and not sweat the small stuff. It's easy to catch the headless chicken syndrome

Commuting to school sucks --- only because I kept on thinking how much stuff I can do for class with that 50 minute sitting in my car trying to get home

it's a joke of course.

No one wants to participate in and run for class council. Which makes sense because I'm sure everyone just wants to pass, get this program over it and move on.

The last thing on my mind right now is graduation venue.. First semester is way too early.

Geez.. let me pass fundamentals first why dont you. I think it's a distraction.

5 comments:

  1. Headless chicken comment gave me a giggle because I just pictured headless chicken in a typical white nurses outfit

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I tell you I've had those moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. School very mentally wearing on the body but you my dear are handling it very well.
    Oh I posted a picture on my blog of me at 74 lbs loss.

    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gertie!

    Wow, you put me to shame with your plethora of posts and now I feel like such a slacker! Well, I am, really - tiger never changing her stripes and all! :)

    It looks like your immersing yourself into school and having some fun while doing so. I haven't lost any more weight but I've not gained, which is incredible b/c I've eaten some fast food in the past couple of weeks. I try to keep it to Chick-fil-A and salads, which seems to be working. That and much, much, much coffee. Oh well, that's grad school. :)

    Have a great week.

    Ellie (fallingwaters) had to put this here b/c wasn't signed in, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! It's so awesome to hear from you and I'm so glad things are going well!

    Lynn-- I saw your new update pic! You look fabulous!

    Ellie - I love Chick-fil-A!! I wish they have more of that in socal. I'm glad school is doing great for you! :)

    ReplyDelete