Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

21 Days --- to make or break a habit

Some say this is a total myth. Breaking or making new habits will happen as long as it takes. But I'm a gal with a mission here.

I want to prepare mentally for nursing school and what better timing is it than now --- to tackle and wrestle my demonic sweet tooth.

I'm a sugar addict (there I said it) and I am in need of an intervention.

Today I ate like 1/2 a casserole pan of cheesecake. Damnit. There really isn't anything more shameful than that.  I feel gross, nasty, and dizzy (probably from the spike of sugar from it all)

As much as my friends would tell me --- it's just one day of binge, get over it and move on.

Oh I will move on from this, but I will not get over it. I will not rationalize bad food choices because I knew fully well that will happen the moment I decided to baked that darn thing.

If I have any chance of achieving my goal (to lose weight during nursing school) I need to establish rock solid rules that I need to live and breathe by.

I want my guidelines simple and no brainer because school will be my number one priority and weightloss secondary.

So, for the next 21 days (3 weeks), I'm going to concentrate putting in my dietary foundations which is no processed sugar, 1-2 servings of fruit each day, unlimited fresh veggies, multivitamins, monitor carbohydates and sodium intake.

Simple right?

2 comments:

  1. Hey beautiful,
    make sure you don't set yourself to fail by going too hardcore on yourself. i think you plan sounds great... but man, just cutting sugar out is a super challenge. i did it for a few months when i used to do weight watchers and it was pretty dang difficult. just remember that moderation is sustainable. hugs! heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support Heather! Yea I know it's a going to be a step below teeth pulling. But I think it's worth a try. I really am just replacing bad sugars with fruit.

    :) I hope you're doing well with your journey as well!

    ReplyDelete