Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Exercise Schizophrenia

Food Options for today
  • 3 fried eggs
  • 1 cup of roasted yams (butter and brown sugar)
  • 2 hamburger patties
  • broccoli salad (broccoli, tomato, mayo, balsamic vinegar, fig campote, shredded chicken)
  • home-made sweet iced tea
  • 1 cup of vanilla ice cream
Progress Review  - I honestly could have done better w/o the ice cream and the roasted yam probably better off just roasted w/o butter and brown sugar.  These are all the items I've eaten all day.

Exercise for Today
  • 50 minute spin bike (interval circuit)
Progress Review - I am an exercise schizophrenia. I switch off and on different exercise in the span of one hour. I get bored easily. To maintain consistency, I break down my fitness sessions in different parts just so I keep my interest going. First day of the week! I'm glad I start it off with a good workout

6 comments:

  1. I always have to break mine up too. I do 20min blocks of different cardio otherwise I get way too bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do that.. but really my attention span when it comes to working out (lately anyway) is off a 4x4 lol

      Delete
  2. I love how you named it exercise schizo. I think my boyfriend is the same and he gets bored easily which is why he prefers competitive sports like basketball to workout versus cardio machines.

    I have an easier time getting into the zone if I'm listening to music

    Good job tracking your food intake. I hope you are having a lovely summer!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award on my newest entry but don't worry if you don't feel like filling it out! I just wanted you to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Thank you Grace! I am so honored :) You're so sweet!

      Delete
  3. I think the most important thing is getting it done even if you break it up. We all get bored but we still gotta find what works like you have :)

    It's great to read a blog by a student nurse. I'm a nurse myself so I understand your journey. Go, Gertie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) It means a lot coming from you!

      Delete